- On February 10, 2020
Are you unhappy with the result of having braces as a kid? Now that you’re an adult, you may care more about your oral health, but you already had braces, so why have them again? There are actually a lot of reasons people choose short term braces as adults. Whether you have a serious crowding issue or your teeth have become slightly misaligned, there are multiple solutions you could look at in terms of correction. Check it out!
What Options Do Adults Have for Orthodontic Work?
When it comes to adult orthodontia, there are often more solutions than those you would have had as a kid. Some options offered include:
- 6-Month Smiles – Adults looking for a quick fix may want to look into 6-Month Smiles. This system includes clear or tooth-colored brackets and very thin wires so they’re hardly noticeable. Significantly reducing the amount of time spent in orthodontic treatment, this is an effective solution for the busy adult.
- Invisalign – A quick and convenient solution to misaligned teeth, Invisalign offers correction without all the metal. As a modern alternative, adults enjoy the fact they can remove their aligners to eat or participate in a hobby.
- ClearCorrect – As a popular orthodontic option among adults, the ClearCorrect system is simple and timely. Using aligners, issues such as underbites, crossbites, overbites, and overcrowding can be corrected. Too many gaps? ClearCorrect can pull the teeth together for a more beautiful smile.
- Traditional Braces – Some orthodontic issues are better handled with traditional adult braces. Depending on the severity of your orthodontia, the orthodontist can sometimes correct more issues with traditional braces than with other types of corrective appliances.
The Benefits of Braces for Adults
When you think about braces for adults, you might think about the aesthetic benefits only, but there are a lot of others to consider as well. These include:
- The Options – You don’t have to settle for just one orthodontic treatment option regardless of time, convenience or cost. You have a variety of options available to you as an adult, so you can decide based on treatment time, budget and aesthetics, which option is best for your situation.
- Overall Oral Health – When the years go by, you may notice your teeth and jaw experience pain that your dentist can’t explain other than overlapping, overcrowding, and other orthodontic issues. Getting an orthodontic treatment can help relieve the pain that may come with chewing and swallowing.
- The Timeline – The amount of time you spend with orthodontic appliances will depend on the severity of the issue, though many adults can expect to wear braces somewhere between 18 and 26 months. For less severe issues, you can correct your smile in as little as six months, and more severe cases might take longer. Regardless, you can have a beautiful smile in a short amount of time compared to how long it has been misaligned.
- Affordability – There are some insurance providers that offer coverage for adult braces, though not all carriers do. If you have a reason beyond aesthetics for your braces, even a provider that typically doesn’t cover orthodontics might cover some of the costs. If you don’t have insurance coverage, you can often get put on a payment plan, and with a short treatment period, it should be something you can afford.
- Confidence – When you have a straight smile, you may be more confident. Studies have shown first impressions are improved when someone has a straighter smile, which would give anyone more confidence to go on a first date, interview for a job or meet new people.
Get On Your Way to a Straight Smile at All Smiles Dentistry Today!
As an adult, you have a lot to think about and take care of, but don’t forget about your smile. Use it often and take care of it with adult braces. Contact All Smiles Dentistry today at 979-297-1128 to schedule your appointment.